Focus peaking, K-01 vs NEX-3.
Those 2 cameras have the focus peaking feature that helps achieve exact focus especially with manual lenses. They work about the same, i want to share with you how they work respectively and what is their pros and cons of each.
– Grey peaking without any settings for level of peaking and no color choices.
– Peaking can be turn on and off easily by pushing red button (i selected the red button in the customization menu).
– You can magnify by zooming up to 6X (2X, 4X and 6X) to focus more accurately.
– Choice of 3 colors (red, yellow and white) with strengths level.
– Peaking can be turn off and on but you have to go in the Menu which is not very fast.
– You can magnify the view to 7X or 14X, i use 7X only.
On my NEX-3 most of the time i use the yellow peaking but sometimes depending on the color of my subject i use the red. Up to now both work pretty well, Pentax took a different approach in the color and effect but it seems to do the job, i tried it with some of my lenses and i’m satisfied.
The best way to do it is by showing you, so i made a video of how the K-01 and NEX-3 peaking feature work in the field.